Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Monday, February 3, 2014

My DisneySide @Home Celebration, Part 1



I received free products in order to host my #DisneySide @ Home Celebration. The opinions expressed here are my own.


   Not long ago I filled out a small survey from Moms Select about my participation in social media and Disney.  This was for the opportunity to be chosen as a host for a party showing my #DisneySide.  I had applied to host other Home Celebrations but never been chosen, so I wasn't going to get my hopes up this time. After finishing up the survey, I didn't think another thing about it until I saw a Facebook post from my friend saying she had been chosen.  I immediately hopped on my email to see if I had a letter as well. Bummed because I didn't see anything, I commented on hers to congratulate her.  A couple of days letter, I was cleaning out my spam mail and there it was. I had been chosen too!

    In the email, there was a link to a Facebook page where other host/hostesses would be gathering to discuss themes, package content and recipe ideas. Everyone was giddy with excitement about what our packages would contain. As the shipments started going out, everyone was posting their guesses. One post even stated how awesome it would be if we got American Tourister  suitcases! Yeah, wouldn't that be great?  We were notified that our packages would be shipped via UPS.  All members of the group that were receiving packages started signing up for UPS My Choice accounts so we could get notifications of shipments and deliveries.

    In the meanwhile, I began brainstorming what on earth my party theme might be. What things does my family enjoy most about Disney. Easy answer, food. We all have our own favorite Disney snack that we must have with each visit. Mine, of course is the chocolate caramel apple. My family and I decided to go with the theme of An Evening of Disney Snacks and Fun on February 22nd. We started making notes of not only our favorite snacks but also the most popular. I even took a poll on my Facebook page of the fan favorites. So far the menu consists of mini carrot cake cookies, Dole Whip punch, mini turkey legs, "grey stuff" and of course, the apples. We are still in the planning stages.

    In the Facebook group, photos started rolling in of what people were receiving in their boxes.  I tried so hard not to look because I wanted it to be a surprise. I finally got the notification of my 24 lb. delivery and waited for the UPS man to knock on my door. I couldn't get in the box fast enough.  Much to my amazement, the first thing I saw was a 21" spinner, purple American Tourister Suitcase! The suitcase was jammed full of party supplies for the perfect #DisneySide party! There were balloons, signs, recipes, game ideas, cups, plates and so much more.



    Our party is still in the planning stages with ideas for prizes, more games and even a Disney inspired photo booth.  Photos and another blog will be posted in the coming weeks as we work hard to make our guests feel like they are right in the middle of the magic!

I received free products in order to host my #DisneySide @ Home Celebration. The opinions expressed here are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment