Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Disney with Little Ones: Honey I Shrunk the Kids


  One of my favorite play areas to take my son is the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure. Located in the Backlot area of Hollywood Studios. It is based on the 1989 movie of the same name, and it makes you feel like you've been zapped by Professor Wayne Szalinkski's Electromagnetic Shrinking Machine down to the size of a bug. It's a great place for the kiddos to run, climb, slide, and play all while you can take a break and rest for a bit.
Owen riding the Giant ant.
This was a week before he turned 1.
  When you're here you really feel like you have been shrunk down and are in a backyard, just like in the movie. Not only are there 30 foot tall blades of grass, a jumbo plant root maze, giant bugs, such as 40 foot tall bumble bees and a giant ant you can ride on, but their are many things you might find in a house with kids. A giant tub of Play-doh, a huge Super Soaker that periodically shoots out water, plus a film strip slide and 52 foot leaking water hose. You'll aslo find many other slides and a climbing net, and water features (enough to cool off, but not so much that they'll be soaked afterwards).
  I love this area because not only does it give me time to rest while my son runs off some energy, but there's a certain bit of nostalgia because I loved this movie as a kid. Though my son doesn't get the reference to the film, as most young kids probably won't, he loves it cause well he gets to do some of his favorite things: running, climbing, sliding, and playing with water. This area is great for kids and adults alike. So do you stop here? What do you think of it? Is this a magical place for you and your little ones? I have to say it is for me and mine. Thanks for reading and see you real soon for our next Disney with Little Ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment