Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Foodie Friday- Biergarten Lunch Buffet


My husband and I recently said we were going to try a new Walt Disney World restaurant every time we go.  Since it was Mother’s Day, it was my choice and for some odd reason I picked Biergarten in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot.  Why is this odd?  I am a very picky eater.  I usually order off of the kids menu at Disney restaurants and my love for German food is more like how one loves slugs.  BUT it was a place I have never been to, so why not!

Our reservation was for noon, which is when the restaurant opens for lunch.  We were in the first group called.  I was surprised and a little intimidated when I discovered that you dine as a group.  All of the tables seat 8 and our group was made up of all couples.  (Yes, it was Mother’s Day, but part of my gift was a day without kiddos)

We were introduced to our server who took our drink order and explained how the buffet worked.  I was pleasantly surprised by the selection that was “non-weird” food for me to eat.  I especially loved the meatballs, roasted chicken and baked macaroni and cheese.  I was excited for the desserts, but only really liked the vanilla pudding.  My husband, who will eat pretty much anything, really enjoyed the sausages and potato salad.  One couple sitting with us was actually from Germany now living in Orlando and said it's the closest thing to authentic German food around.


The inside of the restaurant is beautiful.  It is set up like a theater with rows of tables on different levels looking down towards a stage where there is music and entertainment.  We were told (after over an hour of being there) that the dancing was going to start in about 15 minutes, but we were ready to go before then.  I was a disappointed that we missed the entertainment and thought it was strange that there wasn’t anything going on for the first hour and a half.

The price of the lunch buffet was $21.99, which I thought was very reasonable for a table service buffet.  I will definitely add this restaurant to my list of places to try again.






0 comments:

Post a Comment