Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Wild Africa Trek Review

I have experienced a few tours that Walt Disney World has to offer and the Wild Africa Trek is by far my favorite.  Disney recently released a discount for the tour, so I snagged a spot along with 11 of my Disney Parks Moms Panel buddies.


The first stop on the tour was getting fitted for gear.  Each person is given a vest with a harness, a souvenir water bottle and a set of earphones for listening to the guides speak.  Once we were all geared up, it was time to set foot on the trail.

I was most looking forward to the rope bridges.  I don't have a fear of heights or being dangled over an alligator pit, so this was just pure fun for me.  What I didn't anticipate is how far apart the foot boards are.  For short legs, it's a stretch, but I was able to get across just fine.


We had a couple close up encounters with the hippos and alligators as our guides told us about these beautiful animals.  They were able to answer any and all questions we threw their way.


After the rope bridges, we took the harnesses off and loaded up on a private truck that took us into the Savannah.  We stopped several times along the way to get a better look at some of the free roaming animals.



After the safari ride, we were taken to a gorgeous setting where we had our snack.  I wish I could give you a review on the food, but I am such a picky eater and barely touched anything in my canteen.  I will tell you that the juice is delicious! **Are you a picky eater?  Ask for a non-seafood snack before your trek.**

We couldn't have asked for a better afternoon.  A new baby giraffe was roaming around so close to us.  We were able to snap some really beautiful photos!


After snack time we boarded our truck and headed back to our beginning point where we were given a website and code to download all of the photos that were taken of us during our trek.  You can bring your own camera as long as it has a strap that can be secured to your vest.  Honestly, I wish I had left mine behind because the guides have an incredible Nikon camera that they use to get candid photos of everyone in the group.

I would love to do this tour again with my hubby!














0 comments:

Post a Comment