Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Planes! A Review

From above the world of “Cars” comes “Disney’s Planes,” an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure featuring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar. 



One word: ADORABLE!

I watched the preview of Planes exactly one time before I saw the movie and I wasn't sure what to expect.  I love Cars and was thinking this could really disappoint me.  Nope!

I sat in an audience filled with kids of all ages and enjoyed their cheers, clapping, ooooohs and ahhhhs throughout the film.  Even the opening scene grabbed me!  The 3D was beautiful and I often felt like I was flying with Dusty.  (I would LOVE to see this in an IMAX dome theater!)  There wasn't a dull moment in this movie.

I did find myself comparing the characters to Cars, but they were different enough to hold their own.  There were a handful of cute references to Cars (can you find them?), which I very much appreciated.  
Dusty and his team
My favorite part about Planes is how Dusty is always true to himself.  He is as friendly as can be and is eager to help another plane in need.  There is a really great lesson that pops up throughout the film.  There is something for everyone, including a little romance!



I can't wait to see it again with my son!

Will you be flying to your local theater to see it?  Planes opens TODAY!


One of my favorite characters, El Chupacabra






0 comments:

Post a Comment