Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Beach Club Villas: A DVC Resort Review

We celebrate our children's birthdays at Walt Disney World every year.  Their birthdays are one day apart by 3 years.  We chose to stay in a Beach Club villa this year for one reason: the pool.  I'm not even sure it's fair to call it a pool.  It's more of it's own water park and we all know how much in love I am with Disney's water parks!



This was my second trip to the Beach Club, the first being in a standard room.  Our room was ready upon early check-in, so we headed up to drop our stuff off and then head down for some dinner and a splash in the pool.  The one thing I was disappointed in was that the studio is smaller than a standard room at this resort.  This was not a problem though, just something I immediately noticed.  Out of all the pictures I took, I only snapped one of our room and my son is right in the middle...completely naked.  Oops!


The hallways are really long and can be quite a hike if your room is at the end of a corridor.  We were about halfway down our hall and that seemed excessive.  On a positive note, it was forced exercise after eating all the yummy food!

The DVC side of the resort has it's own pool, the quiet pool.  It has a beautiful view of the building and the fountain out front.  Stormalong Bay (the main water play area) doesn't open until 10am, so this is where you go when your kids wake up at 7am on vacation.  Hehe.  We grabbed breakfast to go on our last morning and ate it poolside.


A huge plus for this resort is the location, another reason we chose to stay here this time.  You can walk right to the International Gateway at Epcot and you can also walk or take a boat ride right over to Hollywood Studios.  We loved the resort so much that we only went into Epcot one time for lunch during our stay.


Did I mention Stormalong Bay yet?  Oh. my.  My family LOVES swimming and we were certainly happy with what this resort had to offer.  There is a super cool slide that starts inside a pirate ship, a whirlpool section that swirls you around in circles, a huge sandy beach area without the hassle of saltwater, a lazy river with rafts and a poolside quick service restaurant complete with bar!  Did I also mention we spent pretty much every waking minute here?  

Beach Club is definitely in my top three Walt Disney World Resorts.  We can't wait to stay here again!

























0 comments:

Post a Comment