Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Foodie Friday: Mini Churros Review and Recipe

While my family was busy chomping down on some Chinese food at Epcot, I wandered over to the Mexico Pavilion for my craving. I really wanted dessert and I saw some mini churros on the menu. I love churros to begin with, so I bought it and an order of nachos. I headed back to China with my family and sat down to partake in my Meixcan feast.

 The churros come in a cute little stack with a yummy brown dipping sauce. I have always wanted to know how to make these at home, the great thing is they are very inexpensive and are the perfect little treat.I love bringing recipes home and reliving the magic, it helps me with my hangover until my next trip.

So, to make these little churros you will need:
1 cup of water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all purp flour
3 eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 small bottle of vegatable oil

To cook you will need to:
Heat water and salt to a rolling boil
stir in flour
stir in rest of ingredients eccept for the sugar and cinnamon,stir a lot till it forms a ball,takes about a minute
remove from heat
add eggs and beat till smooth
Get your pan, and add oil, fry till temp reaches about 360 degrees
Spoon in dough into  piping bag, place a star tip on the end before piping
squeeze a 4 inch strip,fry until golden brown,remove from pan, and dry on paper towel
roll in sugar and cinnamon. Eat and enjoy!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment