Quintel Blogger theme

A free Premium Blogger theme.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Planning with Karla

I want take you guys down my First Walt Disney World Trip Planning! I will add steps as I go and any good stuff I may find along the way! My First Wobbly Step: My first wobbly step in planning our Disney Trip was to pick our days. It wasn't easy for me,as we had different things to consider including the temperature (having a 3 yr old that cant sweat affects a lot), husband's vacation time, oldest son's school, how many days and whether to go during a holiday time or not. You would think it would be easy but for us it took a lot of looking at the calendar. If you have set dates, it may be easier. But this being our first trip, we were unsure. Checking out previous years crowd calendars helped too. If you want to avoid the crowds. there are sites around the web that will let you see the common crowd levels for certain times of the year. We finally decided on the first week in December. The temperature would be good, hubby's vacation time would be locked in, our oldest son will just miss a few days of school, 5 days of Christmas decorations and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party it is! My Second Shaky Step: My second shaky step was where to stay. For us staying on site was a must. That, of course, is a personal decision for everyone. For our first trip we thought we may as well go all out! We went back and forth between the Wilderness Lodge, The Cabins at the Wilderness Campgrounds and Caribbean Beach Resort. We finally decided on the Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that it is breath taking at Christmas. I also looked up pictures and did my research. Research is key to any Disney trip. I didn't take this planning lightly. I think think of it more than just a place to sleep at night after a fun filled day at the parks. It's a vacation in itself. Each resort has it's own fun filled activities and resturants. I can't wait to try the Whispering Canyon's All You Care to Eat Skillet meal at the Wilderness Lodge and Chip and Dale's Campfire activities nearby at the Wilderness Campground. Make sure you check out all the resort that might appeal to you and your family, plan according to the activities that interest you. Be sure to check out www.thewdwguru.com for all of your Disney vacation planning needs. Guru travel is the official travel agency for Addicted to Mickey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment